Open topic with navigation
Work with Quarantined Files
You can delete or restore messages or files that have been isolated due to the detection of malware.
Duplicate listings for quarantined items display in the tab if monitoring for security issues is performed both when messages are received by the Exchange server and delivered by the Exchange server. For example, if a user sends an e-mail message to another user in the same network with an attachment that contains a virus, this may be quarantined both when the originator sends the message and when the recipient receives the message. As a result, the same infected file may be listed twice.
In the navigation pane, click > > .
- In the screen, click the tab.
Two tabs are available depending on the configuration of your AV Defender profile:
To filter the list of quarantined files:
- : For conventional email protection.
- : When using the Exchange E-mail Protection Module.
- Click .
- Select any criteria to display:
Click to remove your criteria. Click to remove the selection.
Select the check box next to the file that you want to manage.
Select management options:
- : Quarantined files within a specific SO.
- : Quarantined files within a specific customer or site.
- : Quarantined files for a specific security concern.
- : Quarantined files by Device, Last Logged in User, Quarantine Date, Quarantine Date Range, or File Quarantined.
- : Permanently remove the quarantined file from the system.
- : Restore the quarantined file to the original location without modification. If a file with the same filename currently exists in the original location, it will be overwritten.