Work with Quarantined Files
You can delete or restore messages or files that have been isolated due to the detection of malware.
- In the navigation pane, click Configuration > Security Manager > Quarantine Management.
- In the Quarantine Management screen, click the AV Defender tab.
Two tabs are available depending on the configuration of your AV Defender profile:
- AV Modules: For conventional email protection.
- AV Exchange E-mail Protection: When using the Exchange E-mail Protection Module.
- Delete: Permanently remove the quarantined file from the system.
- Restore: Restore the quarantined file to the original location without modification. If a file with the same filename currently exists in the original location, it will be overwritten.
Duplicate listings for quarantined items display in the AV Exchange E-mail Protection tab if monitoring for security issues is performed both when messages are received by the Exchange server and delivered by the Exchange server. For example, if a user sends an e-mail message to another user in the same network with an attachment that contains a virus, this may be quarantined both when the originator sends the message and when the recipient receives the message. As a result, the same infected file may be listed twice.