To reduce bandwidth usage and because AV Defender downloads a significant amount of data over the Internet in the form of signature updates, configure and deploy an Update Server in every physical location. For example, if you have five sites, install one update server and one Probe (minimum) at each site to ensure the computers being managed do not have to download updates from the external cloud.
The update server requires at least 11 GB of available disk space for installation.
- Devices where AV Defender software is installed must have a minimum of 1 GB of free disk space on the drive where the root directory
%programfiles%) is located.
- Configure an Update Server on a Windows Server or Workstation in environments with:
- over 15 devices,
- typical update server downloads of approximately 300 MB/day,
- typical PC downloads of approximately 10 MB/day.
The Update Server should not be a device that requires uninterrupted disk access, such as an Exchange or Web Server.
- In the navigation pane, click Configuration > Security Manager > Update Servers.
- Select the server from the list and click Enable.
- Click Enable to accept port 7074 for the Update Server to communicate on, or enter another port number if it is in use.
You can change the port setting later by selecting the configured update server and clicking Configure Port.
After you configure an Update Server, you can install Security Manager.