Run a Post-Installation Scan
After installing Security Manager, you should run a scan to ensure your devices are virus free.
To set up a scan, you need to complete three steps:
- Create a filter to identify Windows devices with Security Manager installed.
- Create a task profile that will run scans during the hours that the system will typically be online. This will be added to a Rule.
- Create a rule to automatically schedule future scans.
Create a filter
- In the navigation pane, click Configuration > Filters.
- Click Add and enter a new filter name.
- Click to select the Show in my Drop-Down check box.
- Click Advanced Mode.
- Configure the filter settings as shown below and click Save.
Create a scheduled task profile
- At the SO level, click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Profiles.
- Click Addand type a name for the scan.
- On the Details tab, click Add > Security Manager Scan > AV Defender Full Scan.
- On the Schedule tab, select Recurring from the Type drop-down list box.
- In the Interval section, configure the frequency of your scans and click Save.
SolarWinds MSP recommends that you run a scan once a week.
- Create a second daily scan using the same steps above by clicking AV Defender Quick Scan when adding a new schedule.