Install Security Manager Automatically
An automatic installation leverages MSP N-central Rules and Maintenance Windows and lets the system take care of new devices as they are added.
When AV Defender is installed, there is an option available to automatically remove any existing security software. However, it is recommended that for best results you remove the competitor's antivirus software using the uninstall program supplied if possible before installing AV Defender. some devices may need to be rebooted after the removal of existing antivirus software before MSP N-central installs AV Defender.
- In the navigation pane, click Configuration > Monitoring > Rules.
- Click the AV Defender - Deployment to Workstations - Standard Environment rule.
If you don't see this rule, click Add to create a rule. Then complete the steps below.
- Click the Devices to Target tab, choose a filter and move it to the Selected Filters list. The filter targets the devices where you want to install Security Manager.
- Click the Network Device Configuration Options tab. In the Security Manager area, in the Action drop-down list box select Install Security Manager.
- For the Start Installation setting, click During Maintenance Window.
- Click the Maintenance Windows tab and click Add. AV Defender Install.
- In the Features drop-down list box, click Security Manager.
- In the Scheduled Configuration area, set the install time.
- Click Save.
Schedule the install after hours or during the weekend to avoid interruption in the ordinary service of the affected devices.
- Click the Grant Customers & Sites Access tab and select to deploy Security Manager to all new customers and sites or only specific devices.
- Click Save.
Installation of AV Defender can take anywhere from 5 to 60 minutes on a server operating under normal conditions. You may need to reboot the device after installation.
After you install Security Manager, run a scan.
When completed, you can review the status of the installation on a device. Click Views > Devices and look for the Security Manager icon in the Features column. It should now appear in blue (active). Hover your cursor over the icon for more information.