Install Security Manager Manually
A manual installation enables you to target a specific device or group of devices and force an immediate or delayed download. This procedure is fine for one-off operations. For example, if you add a new device and need immediate anti-virus protection. However, if you are adding devices at random intervals throughout a large network, you should use rules to trigger automatic installations.
After a manual installation, you need to install, reboot, upgrade as separate operations or define these tasks in a Maintenance Window.
When AV Defender is installed, there is an option available to automatically remove any existing security software. However, it is recommended that for best results you remove the competitor's antivirus software using the uninstall program supplied if possible before installing AV Defender. some devices may need to be rebooted after the removal of existing antivirus software before MSP N-central installs AV Defender.
To install AV Defender, the target device must have a minimum of 1 GB of free disk space on the drive where the root directory (
%programfiles%) is located.
- In the navigation pane, click View> All Devices.
- Click the check boxes for the device you want to install Security Manager on and click Edit.
- Click the Settings tab > Security Manager tab and click the Enable Security Manager check box.
- If you selected multiple devices, click Edit, and in the Security Manager area, click Install Security Manager.
- Click the Run Pre-Install Scan check box.
- Select your AV Defender Configuration Profile.
- Click when to run the install: Immediately or During Maintenance Window.
- From the Competitor AV Cleanup drop-down, click Standard Removal and Registry/File Cleanup.
- Click Save.
If you haven't configured an Update Server, you'll receive a warning. You can continue with our without an Update Server; however, we recommend that you install at least one update server per customer before continuing.
After you install Security Manager, run a scan.
Installation of AV Defender can take anywhere from 5 to 60 minutes on a server operating under normal conditions.
When completed, you can review the status of the installation on a device. Click Views > Devices and look for the Security Manager icon in the Features column. It should now appear in blue (active). Hover your cursor over the icon for more information.