Upgrade Agents and Probes
Before you deploy Security Manager, make sure that all devices have the latest MSP N-central Agents and Probes. For the Security Manager solution to work properly, the Agents and Probes installed on your devices must be the same as MSP N-central.
Upgrade an Agent
- In the navigation pane, click Views > All Devices and select the devices that need an Agent upgrade.
You can select devices from any level: SO, customer, or site. To make things easier, choose the level where most of your devices reside.
- Click Update Monitoring Software.
- In the Upgrade Agent drop-down list box, and select Now.
Check the Upgrade AV Defender Product Now check box only if you're installing Security Manager on a single device.
- Click Save.
To confirm the Agent upgrade status, click Views > Devices and look for the version number in Agent Version column.
Upgrade a Probe
- In the navigation pane, click Administration > Probes. All devices that use Probes display in the N-central main window.
- Select the devices that need a Probe update.
- Click Upgrade > Now and confirm the action.
After you upgrade your Agents and Probes, you can configure Global Exclusions.