Verify your certificate signing request and certificate modulus match
The modulus from your CSR and the modulus from your certificate must match for MSP N-central to accept and be able to properly apply your certificate bundle to the server. You can check that they match by using the following steps:
- Navigate to https://sslshopper.com/certificate-key-matcher.html.
- Within the What to Check section, select Check if a CSR and a Certificate match.
- Copy the contents of your certificate in the first box labeled Enter your Certificate.
- Login to the NAC on port 10,000 of your MSP N-central server.
- Under SSL Certificate Management select Download Certificate Signing Request.
- Select and copy all of the contents in the text box containing your CSR.
- Go back to the Certificate Key Matcher webpage and paste the contents in the second box labeled Enter your CSR.
- Once contents have been added to both boxes, the right-hand side will display information as to whether or not the modulus hashes match.
If they do not match, select the current CSR from your server and get your certificate re-keyed with it.
If they do match, you are ready to bundle your certificate and apply it to the server.
How to Bundle A Certificate
Bundling a certificate entails adding all of the needed certificates into one .crt file. To bundle a certificate:
- Open the Certificate Authority's root certificate in Notepad.
- Append the contents of the primary intermediate and secondary intermediate to the root certificate (in order).
If needed, open the primary intermediate and secondary intermediate certificates in Notepad windows.
You have the option to prepend or append your certificate according to your Certificate Authority's instructions.