MSP N-central allows you to globally define and propagate default properties for daily maintenance schedules. It also allows you to define default settings for a number of remote control connections including:
Configuring the default remote control properties provides consistency for remote connections and reduces the need to manually edit connection properties on an individual basis.
Direct Connect is the default remote control connection type for Laptop - Windows, Server - Windows, and Workstation - Windows devices when MSP N-central is first installed or when devices are first discovered.
- In the navigation pane, click Administration > Defaults > Remote Control Defaults.
- Select the Device Class for which you want to specify default settings under Default Connection Type in the Default Remote Control Properties screen.
The Default Connection Type table will display the current default remote control connection type under the Default Type column. If you select more than one device class, the system default settings will be displayed.
- Under Default Connection Properties, select Allow Remote Control to allow remote connections for the device classes that you have selected.
- Select the Default Connection Type from the drop-down list for the default method that will be used to establish connections.
- Refer to the Remote Control Types section below to select the default settings for each remote control connection type available in the UI.
- Select Propagate these changes to Customers to distribute the Default Remote Control Properties to all available Customers or Sites.
- Select Propagate these changes to existing devices to distribute the Default Remote Control Properties to devices that are currently managed by MSP N-central.
- Once you have completed setting the default remote control properties you wish to modify, click Save.
Once you have set the default remote control properties for an individual connection type, click Save to save your changes.
- Select Monitor Only to configure the remote control connection to run in display-only mode where no interaction with the user's desktop is allowed.
- Click OK.
- Select the SSH Version as either V2 or V1 based on the version of SSH that customers' networks require. Most servers and clients support SSH-2 but some customers may still use software with no support for SSH-2.
- Specify a Destination Port. The default port for SSH connections is 22.
- Click OK.
- Type the Password to be used by MSP N-central when signing in to TeamViewer to establish a remote control connection.
- Click OK.