The following procedure describes how to integrate N-central and ConnectWise. SolarWinds MSP recommends that you follow the instructions carefully, with particular emphasis on Step 3.
Integrating ConnectWise with MSP N-central requires the following:
- An MSP N-central server with a valid SSL certificate
- A ConnectWise server with a valid SSL certificate
- Successful DNS resolution of both the MSP N-central and ConnectWise servers
Steps in ConnectWise
- Download and install the ConnectWise Internet Client. The client is free and will allow you to securely connect to the N-central server.
Browse to www.connectwise.com/install and follow the instructions to download and install the ConnectWise Internet client on the same computer that you use to login to MSP N-central.
- Configure an Integrator Login Account in ConnectWise. For more information, see Configuring an Integrator Login Account in ConnectWise.
Configure the Manage Devices Integration table in ConnectWise. This is necessary to complete any integration, regardless of the type.
- Click System > Setup Tables > Managed Devices Integration.
- Click Add a new record.
- For Name of the integration, type something descriptive, for example: N-central Device Export.
- For Solution, type N-able.
- Configure a Managed ID for Companies in ConnectWise. For more information in the N-central documentation, refer to Configuring a Managed ID for Companies in ConnectWise
- Conclude setting up ConnectWise with setting up the cross-references.
After ConnectWise is set up, the next step is to integrate MSP N-central with ConnectWise through the N-central's PSA Configuration feature.
- Set up the ConnectWise integration in N-central—Login at the System or SO level and navigate to the appropriate Service Organization. Under Administration, locate PSA Integration. Follow the steps in Configuring N-central to Communicate with ConnectWise.
After ConnectWise is integrated with N-central in Step 2, more menu items appear under PSA Integration in the navigation pane on the left in N-central: Export Devices, Mapping - Customers, Mapping - Device Classes, Ticketing.
- Map customers—Before devices can be exported to ConnectWise and tickets can be created, customers must be mapped. Mapping allows you to tie N-central customers to their respective ConnectWise customer.
Under Administration, locate PSA Integration > Mapping - Customers. Follow the steps in Mapping N-central Customers to ConnectWise Customers.
After this is done, the list of available ConnectWise customers is populated automatically from Connectwise's database.
In addition, you can Map device classes. Follow the steps in Mapping Device Classes for ConnectWise.
- Export Devices—Set up an export profile in N-central in order for devices to be exported to ConnectWise for ticketing. In N-central, under Administration, locate PSA Integration > Export Devices. Follow the steps in Setting Up Export Device Profiles.
- Set up a Ticketing Recipient—The last step to get ConnectWise tickets to appear in N-central is to set up a ticket recipient. In N-central, under Administration, locate PSA Integration > Ticketing. Follow the steps in Setting Up a ConnectWise Ticketing Recipient.
- Set up N-central Notifications to update ticket status—You can set up notifications in N-central so that when the status of a service returns to Normal, ticket status is updated. Follow the steps in Setting Up Notifications to Update Ticket Status.