You can set up notifications in N-central so that when the status of a service returns to Normal, ticket status is updated. For example, when a service returns to Normal, you can set up notifications to send an email or close or change the status of a ticket in the PSA.
Step 1: Configure the Ticketing Recipient for notifications and ticket status updates
- Login to N-central at the SO level.
- In the navigation pane, select PSA Integration > Ticketing.
- Click Ticketing Recipient.
- On the Notification Settings tab, for When an issue returns to normal, select Change the Ticket Status to and select the ticket's current status.
- Click the Associated Notification Profiles tab.
- On the Associated Notification Profiles tab, associate notification profiles to the recipient by selecting a notification.
If you select Primary Notification, the first notification triggered will be generated in the PSA. If required, select and specify the rest of the settings for the notification.
Step 2: Configure notifications for Ticket Recipient and ticket return to Normal
- In the navigation pane, select Monitoring > Notifications and click the Name of the notifications you would like to change ticket status on return to Normal in the PSA.
- On the Trigger Details tab for each notification associated to the Ticketing Recipient, select Notify on return to Normal. When a service returns to Normal, all recipients will be notified according to their profile details.