Create a file copy policy
Use a File Copy policy in a Arcserve backup profile to backup critical data to secondary locations. A file copy policy ensures that you can safely and securely delete source data after it has been copied to an off-site or secondary storage repository.
- Go to Configuration > Backup Manager > Arcserve > Profiles, and either select a profile or create a new profile.
- In the File Copy Settings area, in the File Sources module click View Settings.
- Select the type of policy and click Add.
- Enter a Name for the new policy and enter the Source Folder where Backup Manager will copy the data.
- In the Include/Exclude Rules area select or add specific files or file types that will be copied.
- Click Save.
When performing a backup, Arcserve Backup copies the specified files to the alternate location. The files are also backed up in the regular backup task.