Schedule a reboot after installing Arcserve Backup
Initiate a device reboot outside a regular maintenance window to complete the installation of Arcserve Backup. If you install Arcserve Backup on a device and the reboot maintenance window will not occur for a long time, use a script to perform a reboot after installing Arcserve Backup. This ensures that Arcserve Backup is operating and performing regular backups as soon as possible.
- Click Actions > Run a Script.
- Enter a Task Name.
- In the Repository Item drop-down list box, click Reboot Windows.
- Click the Targets tab.
- In the Filters list, add Backup Exec Devices to the Selected Filters list.
- In the Devices list, add the devices requiring a restart to the Selected Devices list.
- Click the Schedule tab and set when the script will run.
- Select Notification recipients if necessary.
- Click Save.
When scheduled, MSP N-central runs the script which will initiate a reboot sequence on the device. Click Views > Job Status to see the progress of the script.