Add a discovery job for Mac OS X devices
Use a Windows probe to locate devices on a customer's network. Discovery jobs can scan for Mac OS X devices on the network, which can then be imported into MSP N-central for monitoring.
To successfully distribute agent software to Mac OS X devices, MSP N-central must be able to establish an SSH connection to the device, and it needs to use the root account credentials for the device. Providing Mac OS X credentials will allow the discovery job to establish an SSH connection when it discovers a Mac OS X device and install an agent.
- Click Actions > Run a Discovery.
- Enter a Name and Description of the job.
- Click the Devices to Discover tab and configure where the probe will search for devices.
- In the Mac OS X Credentials area, click Add New Account to configure security credentials to be used to establish SSH sessions.
If multiple Mac OS X credentials have been configured, the first set of enabled credentials will be used.
- Click the Auto Import tab to select the Device Classes that are imported into MSP N-central without user interaction.
SolarWinds MSP recommends that you use Auto Import during the initial discovery of a target network. For recurring discovery jobs, do not use this feature. Use e-mail notifications to alert when new devices are discovered.
- Click the Schedule tab and configure when the probe searches the network for new devices.
- Click Finish.
The probe will begin a discovery job as scheduled.