Set the license compliance service details
The license compliance monitors and ensures that software installations and licensing is maintained. Set the details and thresholds of the License Compliance service to monitor the limit of application licenses allowed for a customer site. After asset discovery is complete, the Windows Probe evaluates the application license information. The status of the service is based on the number of detected installations compared against the number of licenses allowed. This helps to ensure the number of licenses purchased are not exceeded.
This procedure can only be done at the Customer or Site-level.
- Click Configuration > Monitoring > License Compliance.
- In the Associate Service To drop-down list box, select the probe that will monitor the License Compliance service.
- In the Monitor column, select the applications.
- In the Number of Licenses column, enter the number of licenses that the customer owns.
- Click Next.
- In the Monitoring drop-down list box, select a threshold and click OK.
The number of licenses used is expressed as a percentage.
With the licensing compliance set, MSP N-central alerts you when the number of installations approaches or goes over the number of licenses threshold, and corrective action can be taken.