Accepting an N-central invitation from an iOS device
iOS mobile device users must accept an invitation to be managed by MSP N-central. When an invitation to manage an iOS mobile device is sent by MSP N-central, users receive an invitation message from the MSP N-central server that contains text similar to: "You have been invited to add your mobile devices to the <xxx> network. Please click on the link to accept the invitation."
Send the steps below to your iOS mobile device user to connect the device to MSP N-central.
The MDM Agent is not required for MSP N-central to manage an iOS device you are not using location-tracking and sending messages. If neither of those functions is needed, installing the MDM Agent can be skipped and you can proceed to installing the MDM Profile described in Accepting an N-central invitation from an iOS device.
- Click the hyperlink provided in the invitation message.
- In the browser window, click the Step 1: Download and install the iOS Agent link.
- In the Apple App Store, click MSP N-central MDM Agent.
- Click Get.
After the MDM Agent has been installed, the software automatically attempts to install an MDM Profile. If you do not want to install an MDM Agent on the device, you can click Step 2: Register your device.
- In the Unsigned Profile dialog box click Install Now.
- In the Device Enrollment screen, click Install.
- When prompted to allow the MDM Agent to use location services to identify where your mobile device is, click Allow.
Due to an issue with how iOS manages certificates for signing profiles, a warning message may appear indicating that the MDM Profile is not signed even if the MSP N-central server has a valid SSL certificate and APNS certificates.
Your iOS device can now be managed by MSP N-central.