What is mobile device management
Mobile device management (MDM) enables you to manage a customer's iOS or Android phones and tablets. By managing mobile devices, you can set up corporate email, wifi access, track the location of the device and if necessary, wipe the data in the event the device is lost, to prevent someone from seeing sensitive information.
MSP N-central also enables you to manage mobile device security by applying passcodes, preventing the use of the camera on the device or preventing the purchase of apps and other items through the mobile device.
Managing mobile devices is performed using a connection to MSP N-central's Mobile Device Management service. When MSP N-central communicates with a mobile device, MSP N-central sends a silent notification to the device prompting it to check in with the server. The device communicates with the server to see if there are tasks pending and responds with the appropriate actions.
What do you want to do?
- Review system requirements for managing mobile devices
- Invite a device to be managed
- Accept a mobile device invitation
- Manage Apple push notification service certificates
- Create a mobile device profile
- Control mobile devices
- Manage the connection between mobile devices and MSP N-central
- Erase data from a lost mobile device
- Lock a mobile device
- Reset a device passcode
- Send a message to a mobile device
- Track the location of a mobile device