Add an automation policy scheduled task
Create a scheduled task to perform Automation Manager policy scripts on selected devices.
Add this task at the SO or customer level.
Running Automation Policy scheduled tasks requires Agents version 9.0 or later and PowerShell 2.0 or later.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > Automation Policy and enter a Task Name.
- Click the Details tab and select the Credentials the task will use and the automation policy type from the drop-down list box.
- Click the Executing Devices tab and select a device configured with a Professional Mode license that is actively communicating with the MSP N-central server and meets the specific policy requirements.
- Click the Targets tab and select by filter and/or individually, the devices that will receive the automation policy.
- Click the Schedule tab to set a time when the install will take place.
- Click the Notifications tab to send a message to specific technicians or users whether the install succeeded or failed.
- Click Save.
If an Executing Device is not selected for a Customer or Site, no tasks will be created for the devices of that Customer or Site.
The task appears in the Scheduled Tasks screen indicating its type and status. At the scheduled time, MSP N-central runs the configured automation policy.