Add a Security Manager custom scan task
Create a scan task that uses Security Manager to check selected devices for security threats using AV Defender. Set up automated tasks to regularly check for viruses and other security problems and what to do if an infection is found. A custom scan enables you to define what AV Defender looks for on the devices and what corrective action it takes to resolve any problems.
To perform a full or quick scan, see Add a Security Manager full or quick scan task.
Add this task at the SO or customer level.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > Security Manager Scan > AV Defender Custom Scan and enter a Task Name.
- Click the Details tab and select a Scan Option. Select Custom to create specific scan criteria.
- Configure the Scan Settings, Types and Actions to be taken by AV Defender.
- Click the Targets tab and select by filter and/or individually, the devices that will be scanned.
- Click the Schedule tab to set a time when the install will take place.
- Click the Notifications tab to send a message to specific technicians or users whether the install succeeded or failed.
- Click Save.
You can configure MSP N-central to scan all accessed files or applications (program files) only. Scanning all accessed files provides best protection while scanning applications only can be used for better system performance. Applications or program files are far more vulnerable to security issues than other types of files.
Scanning inside archives is a slow and resource-intensive process which is therefore not recommended for real-time protection.
The task appears in the Scheduled Tasks screen indicating its type and status. At the scheduled time, MSP N-central runs the configured Security Manager scan.