Add a file transfer scheduled task
Create a scheduled task to copy files from one location to another. When you need to copy file to multiple devices, for example, updating corporate templates to users, configure a scheduled task to perform the transfer at a specified time to selected devices.
Files for upload must not exceed 50 MB. A file reported by your operating system as 50 MB may fail at upload due to rounding done by your operating system.
Add this task at the SO or customer level.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > File Transfer and enter a Task Name.
- In the Details tab, select the Credentials used to access the files.
- In the Files to be Transferred section, select the Location where files are stored where they will be copied to on the remote devices.
- Click the Targets tab and select by filter and/or individually, the devices that will receive the file.
- Click the Schedule tab to set a time when the transfer will take place.
- Click the Notifications tab to send a message to specific technicians or users whether the file transfer succeeded or failed.
- Click Save.
The task appears in the Scheduled Tasks screen indicating its type and status. At the scheduled time, the file transfer from the source to destination will begin.