Add a Intel® vPro™ power control scheduled task
Intel® vPro™ Power Control tasks enables you to control the power state or run a script on Intel® vPro™ enabled devices. Create a scheduled task to power down/up or reboot a server at times when there is little or no traffic, such as evenings or weekends.
Add this task at the SO or customer level.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > Intel® vPro™ Power Control and enter a Task Name.
- In the Details tab, select the Action to take.
- Click the Targets tab and select by filter and/or individually, the devices that you want to control.
- Click the Schedule tab to set a time when the action will take place.
- Click the Notifications tab to send a message to specific technicians or users whether the powering action succeeded or failed.
- Click Save.
The task appears in the Scheduled Tasks screen indicating its type and status. At the scheduled time, the Intel vPro server will power down, power up or reboot as configured.