Add a scripting scheduled task
Create a scheduled task to run a selected script from the MSP N-central repository or upload a script from your local system. Scripts must be in one of the following formats:
- batch file (.bat),
- PowerShell (.ps1), or
- Visual Basic (.vbs, .vb, or .vbe).
File names for installers or scripts cannot contain spaces.
PowerShell must be installed on the target devices before PowerShell scripts can be run.
Add this task at the SO or customer level.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > Scripting and enter a Task Name.
- In the Details tab, select the Credentials used by the device for this task.
- In the Script section, select the script to run from the repository and include any necessary command line parameters.
- Click the Targets tab and select by filter and/or individually, the devices that will receive the script task.
- Click the Schedule tab to set a time when the script will run.
- Click the Notifications tab to send a message to specific technicians or users whether the script succeeded or failed.
- Click Save.
If you are selecting a script from your local system, MSP N-central uploads it to its repository for activation at the scheduled time.
The task appears in the Scheduled Tasks screen indicating its type and status. At the scheduled time, the script will run.