Install a Red Hat Enterprise Linux agent
Before you can use MSP N-central to monitor and manage computers at a customer's site, you need to install the agent. The Linux agent monitors local services and reports any issues.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Agents are installed by downloading and running the compressed installation files. Linux installs require independent Agents for 32-bit and 64-bit OS installs.
The Linux agent supports the following operating systems:
- CentOS 5 (32/64-bit)
- CentOS 6 (32/64-bit)
- CentOS 7 (32/64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (32/64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (32/64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (32/64-bit)
You need a device's Agent activation key to install Linux Agent software. Activation keys are displayed on the All Devices view. To copy the Agent activation key, hover your mouse over the key icon and copy.
- Click Actions > Download Agent/Probe.
- Click the System Software tab, and in the Linux Software area, select the agent software.
- Open a Linux console on the device where you want to install the agent and navigate to the location of the downloaded file.
- Switch to root by typing
su rootand unzip the downloaded file by typing
tar -zxf <filename>
- Run the installation script.
1in the Linux Agent configuration menu and press Enter.
1in the sub-menu and press Enter.
- Type the device activation key. The key is generated when you enable the Install Local Agent option on the Settings > Local Agent tab for the device.
You can configure multiple addresses for an Agent to communicate with both a primary and backup MSP N-central server. When typing multiple addresses, they must be separated by a comma but with no spaces between the different addresses and the comma.
Yin the Confirm Settings dialog box to confirm the settings.
3when the Agent installation is completed and press Enter.
The agent software installs and communicates with the MSP N-central server.
If the device is rebooted at any time, the Agent is automatically activated.