Removing Kaseya agents after migration
In the event that any Kaseya agents could not be fully uninstalled when deploying
KaseyaMigrationandRemoval.exe, a second tool,
KaseyaRemoval.exe, can be used.
Upload KaseyaRemoval.exe into MSP N-central
KaseyaRemoval.exefrom the SolarWinds MSP Resource Center at: https://nrc.n-able.com/Community/Scripts-Automation-Policies?fileid=329 and unzip the file.
- Sign-in to MSP N-central.
- From the SO level, click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Script/Software Repository.
- Click Add > Push Third Party Software.
KaseyaRemovalin the Name field.
- Click Browse and navigate to the KaseyaRemover.exe tool and click Open.
- In the Command Line Parameters field, enter "KaseyaRemover.exe cleanupkaseya:true".
- Click OK.
Create an MSP N-central filter to locate devices with an Kaseya agent installed
- At the SO level, click Configuration > Filters and click Add.
- Enter the Filter Name,
Kaseya Software Detected.
- For filter is available to select Everyone.
- In the drop-down list box, click Ensure Show.
- In the Find devices where field, click Application > Application Publisher > CONTAINS > Kaseya.
- Click Save.
Locate devices with a Kaseya agent installed and remove them
- From the SO level, go to Views > All Devices.
- Click the Filter button and select the Kaseya Software Detected filter you just created from the drop-down to locate devices with a Kaseya agent installed.
- Select the Customer / Site header check box to select all devices listed.
- Click Add Scheduled Task > Push Third Party Software.
- For Task Name, enter "Uninstall Kaseya Agent".
- Under Software to Deploy, ensure Location is set to From Software Repository.
- Select KaseyaRemoval as created above, from the Repository Item drop-down list.
- Click Save.
The Kaseya removal tool will now be deployed to any devices on which the Kaseya agent has been detected.