You can power up, power off, or restart an Intel® vPro™ device remotely. After Intel® vPro™ has been enabled, the Power Control tab appears when you edit the device.
Before you can manage power control remotely on an Intel® vPro™ device, you must do the following:
- Add the Intel® vPro™ credentials to a Windows probe, and
- Enable the Intel® vPro™ device.
This procedure can only be done at the Customer or Site-level.
In the navigation pane, click Views >
You can filter the devices listed by selecting a Folder to View. To further narrow your search, select a Name or Network Address, specify a string (a partial or complete name or network address) and click Search.
- In the Name column, click a device.
The Edit Device screen appears.
- Select the Power Control tab.
The Power Control tab will only appear if Intel® vPro™ Enabled has been selected on the Properties tab.
The Power Control Panel displays.
- Select a Probe from the list to perform the task.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Power Up to turn the Intel® vPro™ device on.
- Click Power Down to turn the Intel® vPro™ device off.
- Click Reboot to restart the Intel® vPro™ device.
The Status of the task and an Abort button displays.
- If required, click Abort to stop the task from processing.
- Click OK.
The power control settings are updated and the Devices screen appears.
You can click Save to apply modified settings and remain on the current screen.
Clicking OK will not change the status of the task.