Service templates are groupings of preconfigured services. You can standardize monitoring by applying service templates to devices. During service template creation, they are assigned a device class. In order to apply a service template to a device, the service template and the device must have the same device class.
This procedure can only be done at the Customer or Site-level.
- In the navigation pane, click Views > All Devices.
- Select the check box next to a device.
You can select the check box next to the Name field to select all of the devices.
- Select Apply Service Templates from the drop-down list.
The Apply Service Templates to Devices screen appears. If the devices selected belong to more than one device class, there will be a section for each device class.
- If required, click Expand to display service templates that correspond to the device class.
The Service Templates selection list displays.
- Select the service templates as required.
- Click > to move them one at a time or click >> to select and move all the service templates.
- Repeat step 4 to step 6 for each device class.
- Click Apply.
The Service Template Application Report screen appears with serve templates that match the device class of the selected device.
- Expand the tree to view any messages.
- Click OK.
- The service templates are applied to the devices and the Devices screen appears.
You can click Save to apply the settings and remain on the current screen.