The Moving Devices Wizard lets you move devices between customers and sites. For example, you may want to move a device when:
- migrating devices that are in multiple MSP N-centralcustomers to a single customer
- you create a site for testing patches and need to move devices in and out of those groups
- a user moves their primary workspace from one office to another
- Before you move a device, SolarWinds MSP recommends that you update both the local agent and probes to the latest version and verify that the target limits are configured to allow the devices being moved.
- When you move a device, the device inherits the settings and targets in the Export Profile for that device:
- Sets the status of the device to Active or Inactive.
- Does not change the status of the device.
To run the Moving Devices Wizard
- At the SO, Customer or Site level, click View > All Devices.
- Select the check box for the devices you want to move.
- Click Move to run the wizard.