Configuring SNMP on a device
By default, Windows does not include SNMP but it is easy to install, straightforward to configure, and will allow you to monitor the hardware status of your Dell, HP, IBM, and Intel servers.
As Windows does not currently support SNMP v3, that version of SNMP is not supported on Windows devices managed in MSP N-central.
Selecting Professional Mode for a device will enable all features associated with Professional Mode and will consume one Professional Mode license. When Professional Mode devices are imported into MSP N-central 9.5 SP1 (or later) and SNMP is successfully discovered on the device, SNMP will be enabled automatically.
- Click Views > All Devices and select the Network Devices tab.
- Click the Name of a device.
- In the Device Details screen, click Settings.
- Click Monitoring Options.
- Modify the SNMP properties of the device as required and click Save.