Use filters in dashboards
Dash boards enable you to monitor devices and systems that have common traits. Filters are used refine what MSP N-central displays.
- Go to Dashboards > Manage Dashboards and click Add.
- Select have the dashboard available to all accounts (Public) or just yourself and those of higher permission levels (Private).
- Enter a Name and Description.
- On the Devices to Target tab, select one or more filters to define what devices display on the dashboard.
- Click the Monitoring Options tab and select the services and services to be monitored for the selected devices.
- Click Save.
Selected filters are alternative operands, that is, a device only has to satisfy one filter to appear on the dashboard.
The dashboard will now be available in the Dashboards menu.
Apply filters and filtering to dashboards
1. Sort the devices by column
Click on any header, except Remote Control or Tools, to sort in ascending or descending alphanumeric order by that column.
2. Filter by column
Click o the filter icon to open either a free-form text filter or check boxes depending on whether the column contains text or icons. Columns that have already been filtered on display a red icon.
3. Click Filter to show the filter panel.
Add further filters to those that are used in the dashboard.
Filters added or removed here are not remembered when you leave the Dashboard.
4. Reset Filter
MSP N-centralremembers the changes you make to on the filter panel for your user account. To clear your filter changes, click Reset Filter.
5. Create a new filter
Click Create new filter to add a custom filter.