Install MSP N-central as a guest on an ESX server
In all of the network configuration screens, you can use TAB or ALT+TAB to move the cursor between selection options, the SPACEBAR to select an option, and F12 to proceed to the next screen without changing the current selections.
- Start the VMware vSphere Client (for ESX 5.x and 4.x) or VMware Infrastructure Client (for ESX 3.x).
- Create a new virtual machine.
- Select Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit) for the Guest operating system. Do not enable paravirtualization.
- Mount a disk or network file system that will allow you to access the N-central installation ISO image. Ensure that the VMware guest is configured to use the mounted disk or network file system as a boot disk.
- Start the new virtual machine.
- At the installation prompt, type
installand press Enter.
- Select the type of network configuration. SolarWinds MSP recommends you use the Manual address configuration whenever possible.
- Click OK, and press Enter.
- If you selected Manual address configuration, enter the IP Address and Netmask, click OK, and press Enter. If you selected Dynamic IP configuration (DHCP), skip to step 11.
- Enter the Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS addresses, then click OK, and press Enter.
- Select the hostname configuration either automatically via DHCP or manually, then click OK, and press Enter.
- Select System clock uses UTC if your central server uses Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) as a time standard.
- Select the time zone appropriate for your system, then click OK, and press Enter..
If you are not prompted for network information during the installation process, MSP N-central was unable to locate a suitable network card. The installation will continue to conclusion but you will not be able to access MSP N-central. To resolve this issue, please verify that the server has a network card compatible with CentOS 5.5 and re-start the installation process.
It is recommended that you enable UTC.
The N-central installation will proceed after which the system will restart. After the installation of N-central is completed, and the screen displays a login prompt.