Restore a backup for a device if MSP Backup is removed
Recover backup data for a removed device. If someone has inadvertently removed MSP Backup from the device, or the device was removed from MSP N-central, you can reconnect to MSP Backup and continue regular backups. When reconnected, MSP Backup will continue the regular backup interval from where it left off. It is not necessary to perform a full backup first.
Before reconnecting to MSP Backup, you need to get a passphrase. This is a unique key so that the backup software can connect with the current backup in the cloud. This is the link/key to the last known backup so it can continue on as if there was no interruption.
- Click Views > All Devices and click the name of the device.
- Click Settings > Backup Management and click Retrieve Passphrase.
- Record the passphrase, username and password and click OK.
- Select Enable MSP Backup.
- Select when to install MSP Backup on the device and select a Configuration Profile.
- To configure the device to back up specific files, click Set Settings Manually.
- Click Save.
- When prompted, enter the passphrase and click OK.
The phassphrase is valid for 24 hours.
MSP Backup will install on the device and reconnect with the cloud backup. An initial backup check will take place to ensure any new or updated files are saved to the cloud.