Create an Automation Manager policy-based custom monitoring service
Automation Manager policies (AMPs) have global output parameters you can use to create custom monitoring services. An AMP is a collection of Powershell-based Automation Objects combined into policy scripts. Use a custom service to monitor the AMP activities to monitor its effectiveness.
Automation Manager is a drag-and-drop automation designer, which enables you to quickly create, debug, manage and run policies without any programming knowledge. For more information on using the pre-defined AMPs and creating your own, see the Automation Manager help topics.
Amp-based monitoring is only available for professional licensed Windows devices.
- Click Administration > Service Management > Custom Services.
- Click Add > Service > Automation Manager Policy.
- Enter a Name and a Description .
- On the Details tab, select a policy and configure the settings. Only AMPs that are suitable for monitoring appear in the list.
- Enter a Service Identifiername to identify the AMP service instance.
Always enter a unique name so that you know what the service is from the status tab of a device. This is important for multiple instances of the AMP.
- Click the Schedule tab and set the scan frequency.
- Click Save.
The new service appears in the Custom Services list. You can now add this service to a template or to any Windows server or workstation. For information on applying the custom service, see Apply custom monitoring services.