Add a Service Grouping
A service group is a composite of two or more services that you apply to a device. Add a service group to monitor the combined status of all services within the grouping.
When configuring a service grouping, specify a formula using the logical operators AND or OR to relate the services. For example, Service A OR Service B. You can use brackets to group services together within the service grouping. For example, (Service A OR Service B) AND Service C.
If you want to be informed of any services in a service grouping that are in a Failed or Warning state, use OR to set up your formulas. A Warning status resulting from a formula using OR is a good indicator that there is a threat to the service in the future. For more information, see Service Grouping Statuses.
- Click Configuration > Monitoring > Service Groupings and click Add.
- Enter a Name and Description.
- Select the Dashboards where the service grouping will appear.
- Specify the Cost to associate to the service grouping.
- Specify the SLA for the service grouping.
- In the Services field, click the services and operators to build the relationships in the Logical State field.
- Click Save.
The service grouping is added to the specified dashboards for viewing.
Before a service grouping can monitor the status of a device, you must add it to a device.