Use service templates to group and configure MSP N-central services to monitor devices. Service templates provide a way to group similar services that you can apply to devices and newly discovered devices. The templates save time by providing a quick way to apply standard monitoring and data analysis across all your customer's devices.
When you create a service template, you define the device class that the template relates to, the services included in the service template, and the values and thresholds that the Agent reports to MSP N-central. The benefit of service templates is in the propagation of the template across multiple devices. If there is a need for additional monitoring, removal of a service, or a change in the monitored values, changing a template automatically propagates to all devices, without the need to adjust every device individually. When changed at the Service Organization level, all occurrences of that template across all of your customers change automatically.
When an Agent is first installed on a device, the services designated by any service templates that apply are not added to the device immediately. MSP N-central applies the services when it first receives complete services-related asset data from the Agent. As a result, there may be a short delay between when a device is first discovered and when the services designated by an applicable service template will be added to the device.
Service templates are re-applied to devices when
- subsequent discovery jobs obtain information about a device that has changed,
- service templates are manually re-applied to a device, or
- modifications to a Rule change the eligibility of a device to have the Rule applied.
What do you want to do?
- View service templates by clicking Configuration > Monitoring > Service Templates.
- Add a service template
- Create a service template from a device
- Export a service template to share with other administrators
- Import a service template created by another MSP N-central administrator