Set business and after hours notifications
Users who are recipients of notifications receive alerts 24/7. You can customize the hours when a user will receive alerts. You can also create user accounts with the same email address, but different notification schedules. This means you can create a "business hours" account and an "after hours" account, and assign these at the customer level to provide regular and 24 hour support.
- At the SO level, click Administration > User Management > Users.
- Click Create User, and enter the user information to create a user account for "business hours" notifications.
- Click User Details > Notification Method.
- Click Add, and select the notification method.
- Complete notification method information.
- Enter a Schedule Name, such as "Default Email Notification" and set the Schedule Type to Daily Interval.
- Enter the Start Time and End Time for this schedule to cover the business hours between 8.00 and 18.00.
- Click on the days in this schedule, and then click Save.
Mobile devices need to be set up for use with MSP N-central before they can be used to receive Pager and SMS messages.
Repeat the steps above to create an "after hours," user account with a different user name, and same email account. Set the Start Time and End Time to 18:01 and 7:59.
Assign the "business hours" account as a recipient for all notifications, and add the "after hours" to notifications for customers with 24 hour support.