The Availability Of Multiple Services On One Device report allows you to compare the availability values of multiple services across one device for a period that you specify. If the availability of one service decreases considerably, viewing the availability of other services on the same graph can help you determine the reason for the decreased availability of the service.
For example, two services, HTTP and CPU, are displayed on the graph. If a trough in HTTP availability is mirrored by a peak in CPU usage, then the increase in CPU usage determines the decrease in HTTP availability.
This procedure can only be done at the Customer or Site-level.
- In the navigation pane, click Reports > Availability > Availability of Multiple Services On One Device.
- Select the time Period for which you would like to collect data for the report.
- Select the Start Date and Time from which to start collecting data for the report.
- Select the Device for which you would like to generate the report.
The Services lists the services that have been set on the specified device.
- Select the Services for which you would like to generate the report.
- Click View Report.
The Availability Of Multiple Services On One Device report appears.
You can e-mail or export the report as a comma-separated values (CSV) or PDF file.