Enable patch management on devices
Patch Management provides the capability to manage locating missing patches, downloading and installation of Microsoft and third party software patches across your customer's networks. By enabling patch management on a device, the Agent and Probe work together to ensure that software patches are updated in a timely and efficient manner.
You can also enable patch management in bulk using the patch setup wizard to create rules.
- In the navigation pane, click All Devices.
- Select the device by clicking the device name in the Name column.
- Click Settings > Patch Management, and click Enable Patch Management.
- Select a profile from the Patch Management Profile drop-down list.
- Click Enable Third Party Patching if required.
- Click Save.
To configure multiple devices, click the check boxes for each device and click Edit, and scroll to the Patch Management section.
Patch Manager will now manage the downloading and installation the latest patches on the device.
When patch management is turned on for a device, the Probe changes the Windows Update settings to either "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them" or Never check for updates. In both cases, the option is grayed out.