Configure patch status using a service template
The Patch Status service provides insight into the state of patching on a specific device, and provides metrics for your reporting. Use the patch status service to generate notifications on devices with missing patches, patches that have failed to install correctly, or patches that require a reboot.
By creating a template, you can apply these settings to all workstations, laptops and servers to alert you when patching fails.
- At the SO level, click Configuration > Monitoring > Service Templates, and click Add.
- Enter a name and a description for the template.
- Select a Device Class drop-down list box.
- Select Patch Status from the Service drop-down list box, and click Add Service.
- On the Details tab, uncheck Use Default Value and enter a monitoring threshold.
- Click the Thresholds tab and set the thresholds for each patching type.
- Click Save.
The patch status service will use the template to report patch statuses.
For more information, see Patch Status Service.