How To Monitor Veeam Data Backup
MSP N-central can monitor Veeam backup and replication software on devices provided that they meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Professional Mode license applied to the device in MSP N-central
- A current MSP N-central Agent (Version 22.214.171.124 or later)
- Veeam Backup and Replication 6.5, 7, or 8 installed
- Windows PowerShell 2.0 installed
- Veeam Powershell Snap-in installed
For information on how to install the Veeam Powershell Snapin, refer to Veam KB1489.
To monitor Veeam backup jobs on a managed device, perform the following:
- If you have not already done so, run a discovery job and import the computers that are using Veeam backup and replication software.
For more information, refer to Discovery Jobs. For more information, refer to "Discovery Jobs" in the MSP N-central online help.
- To verify that the Veeam services are associated with the device, click All Devices > <device name> > Monitoring tab.
- If the Veeam services are not associated with the device, click All Devices > <device name> > Update Monitoring Software > Upgrade Agent > Now (or Always).
- If this fails to associate the necessary Veeam services to the device, confirm that the requirements stated above have all been met and re-run the asset discovery job. Veeam should appear on the list of applications displayed for the device.
- If the appropriate Veeam services are still not associated with the device, contact SolarWinds MSP Technical Support for further assistance.
Once you have imported the device and the asset discovery has completed (approximately five minutes), the Veeam Backup and Replication service template is automatically applied to the devices. The template associates the Veeam Failed Jobs, Veeam Job Monitor, and Veeam Sure Job Monitor services for each active backup job that it detects.